Ketchikan Visitors Bureau
Member Services Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Salaried, Overtime Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: This position does not have supervisory responsibility over staff
SALARY: $46,000 - $50,000, DOE
BENEFITS: Eligible for benefits provided by the employer
Mission Statement: Ketchikan Visitors Bureau’s mission is to promote Ketchikan, attract visitors, and enhance
The Member Services Manager is the primary contact for the Ketchikan Visitors Bureau members. The position facilitates participation in KVB programs, events, and activities associated with other KVB departments. The position works directly with the Executive Director to develop new initiatives to enhance our member experiences and opportunities and to provide excellent service.
Manage KVB membership programs including but not limited to:
- Maintain regular contact with all KVB member businesses.
- Promote available products and services.
- Educate members in utilizing the CRM database.
- Prospect and promote new memberships and manage the application process.
- Prepare and maintain membership information materials, forms, etc.
- Maintain and control membership data and records.
- Track purchases, invoice for dues and services.
- Ensure KVB staff and supporters have working knowledge of member benefits and tools to aid in promoting membership among their contacts.
- Organize, plan, and promote member events including luncheons, the annual banquet, awards, and recognition programs, and educational programming and training opportunities.
- Promote member marketing opportunities.
- Track sales and collect materials for visitor guide and website advertising, member listings, video display screens, Direct Line Reservations systems, brochure distribution, and other marketing programs.
- Assist with the collection of documentation and verification of eligibility requirements for tour center tenants.
- Assist other team members with project or program assistance on an as-needed basis.
- Act as a point of contact for visitors and calls into the KVB office when other staff are unavailable.
- Represent KVB at community meetings and events that are relevant to the Member Services department or as requested by the Executive Director.
- Notarize documentation
- ATIA - Ketchikan Chapter Secretary
- Update member FB page
- The qualified candidate should be reliable, self-motivated, kind, and possess the ability to deal with
people at all levels of contact. They should enjoy an office setting and working with a team.
- Demonstrate Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Possess above average competency with computer programs such as Microsoft Office suite and
understand content management services.
- Sales and event management experience is highly desired.
- Willing to become a trainer for customer service and other industry-related educational programs.
- Licensed driver with the vehicle.
- Ability to travel as needed for educational or trade purposes.
- Will be required to sign a conflict of interest and confidentiality affidavits.
Ketchikan Visitors Bureau is a non-profit organization that can employ up to five full-time, year-round staff and five seasonal staff. The seasonal staff and Visitor Services Manager work in the visitor centers at Berth 2 and Berth 3, while all other staff work from the administrative office at 50 Front Street in downtown Ketchikan. The KVB is a business/business casual office environment.
All full-time staff participate in periodic after-hours and weekend events.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees holding this position. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Email resume and two professional references to email@example.com